Calibration of storage tanks :
- The storage tank used in transaction on protection must be calibrated by the legal Metrology Officer before putting such storage tanks in to use.
- The calibrated storage tanks must be re-calibrated on the completion of a period of 60 (sixty) months.
Disposal of prosecution case registered under the Act & Rules :
- Prosecution case registered by the Legal Metrology Officer for contain offences may be compounded by the controller on such other officers as may be authorized by him in this behalf on payment of composition fees by the offender.
- The prosecution cases which are either not compounded or not compoundable under the Act are sent to the court for tail.
Re-validation weights & Measures:
- The user of any weight on measure shall present his weight or measure for re-verification at the office of the Legal Metrology officer or at such other place as the Legal Metrology Officer may specify in this behalf.
- For re-verification of the weight or measure which cannot or should nto be moved from its location the user shall reportto the Legal Metrology officers at least 30(thirty) days in advance of the date on which the verification falls due.
- Every verified weight or measure must be re-verified and stamped on completion of a period of –
- Twenty – four months for all eights, capacity measures, length measures, tape, beam scale and counter machine, spacing balance.
- Sixty months for storage tanks and
- Twelve months for all weight or measure including tank lorry other than that mentioned in clauses (a) & (b)
Issue of licenses to Manufacture, Dealer & Repairer weights & Measures :
- Every manufacturer or repairer of, or dealer in, weight or measure shall make an application for the forward to the Controller of Legal Metrology Office.
- Every license issued to a manufacturer, dealer or repairer shall be valid for a minimum period of one calendar year and may be renewed for a period of one to five years, by the controller or other officers as may be authorizedby him in this behalf.
Verification & stamping of weights & measures :
- No weight or measure shall be sold or used without verification and stamping by the legal Metrology Officer.
- The user of weight or measure shall present such weight or measure for verification of the officeof the Legal Metrology officer or at such other places as the Legal Metrology Officer may specify in this behalf.
- The weight or measure which cannot or should not be movedfrom its location shall be verified and stamped in situ.